Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

It's our party we can do what we want to
It's our house we can love who we want to
It's our song we can sing if we want to
It's my mouth I can say what I want to


If you're unsure or if you don't know, those are the lyrics to the song We Can't Stop by Miley Cyrus. I'm not a huge fan of Miley Cyrus, but I do like some of her songs. I was listening to this song the other day and it was a bit unsettling.

The words It's my mouth I can say what I want to bothered me because it's not our mouth to say what we want to. It's not our mouth at all. Yes, it's on our bodies and we use it to communicate, but the second we turn our lives over to the Lord it's not ours anymore. It's His.

2 Corinthians 10:7 (KJV) says:
Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

Now I know that can be confusing and you're probably asking what does that even mean? It means that if we believe that we are saved and a born-again Christian than we are Christ's.

Our bodies and our souls belong to Him and because they belong to Him it's not our mouth to say what we want to. It's not our party to do what we want to. And It's not our house to love who we want to. Quite frankly, the truth is we shouldn't want to. We as Christians should want to be out in the world singing and praising God. Our actions and our words should only be used to glorify Him. We shouldn't be claiming these things as ours because they aren't. They're the Lords.

I hope you're able to understand what I'm saying. I also hope that you will join me in changing the way we think. I am always saying and agreeing with songs that consist of things like 'it's my mouth I can say what I want to', and it wasn't until the other day that I realized how wrong I am in thinking that way. It's going to be a process and difficult to change that way of thinking, but with the Lord we'll be able to change our thought process from being Me Me Me to Him Him Him.

Best wishes,
The King's Daughter
Psalm 45:13

No comments:

Post a Comment