Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

14.) 'Behold, the days are coming,' says the Lord, 'that I will perform that good thing which I have promised to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah:

15.) 'In those days and at that time I will cause to grow up to David A Branch of righteousness; He shall execute judgment and righteousness in the earth.    

16.) In those days Judah will be saved, And Jerusalem will dwell safely. And this is the name by which she will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.'

Jeremiah 33:14-16 (KJV)

Promises are not meant to be broken, but sadly, sometimes they are. Most often they are never intended to be broken, but sometimes it just happens. Once when I was younger I made a promise to my friend. We were playing with a rubber band and stretching it out, and she made me promise not to let go of it so it wouldn't come at her and snap against her skin. I promised I wouldn't but when I got to a certain point I did what any kid would do. I let go. I thought it was funny at the time, and in the end it didn't hurt my friend all that much because we weren't that far enough to make it hurt, but that's not the point. The point is that I broke my promise. And breaking a promise is breaking a promise no matter how small of a promise it is.

God doesn't break his promises.

God is someone you can count on in anything. He does many things for us and blesses us even when we don't deserve it. If it were me and God down there playing with a rubber band and I made Him promise not to let go, what do you think He would do?

He wouldn't let go.

When God promises something He doesn't break it. He comes through with His promises. You may be asking what God promises are and the answer is right in your Bible. God put all of His promises in there. All you have to do is read it and you will find them. But that won't be the only thing you'll find. You'll also find something else. You'll find fulfilled promises. Some of the promises He's made haven't come through yet, and that's because it's not yet time. But those other promises? They're fulfilled. You can bet they are fulfilled.

Because God fulfills His promises we must do the same in return. Whatever promises we make to the Lord, we need to fulfill them. I can't think of something worse than making a promise to our Creator and not following though with it. I hope today you thank God for His promises and take time to fulfill the ones you've made to Him.

Best wishes,
The King's Daughter
Psalm 45:13

No comments:

Post a Comment